Sunday 26 August 2012

LeBuet-Servoz(Run)

GRRRRRR!DescendingWelsh Valleys?Right Col!Back in Wales...Burnt out telecabine!

Have had my eye on Mont Buet for a while but decided to try a point to point run which would hopefully involve a bit more running than walking up a big hill!!

Getting the bus from Chamonix to Col Des Montets, the route started with a short descent to Le Buet and then the climb to Refuge de la Pierre Berard. Great run along the valley on a gradually ascending trail. After the Refuge the track deteriorated and I was glad I wouldn't be reversing this!

The map shows the path going to the Col de Salenton so I followed the cairns in the mist. Reaching the ridge line I realised I was to far right and the track infact cut the corner to Mont Buet!!Doooh! Retracing tracks and having to pass the walkers I had gone past earlier I finally found the Col. The track started with a steep descent but then levelled out and was able to run most of the way to the Refuge d Anterne before heading to Lac Promenaz. The descent from here was particularly steep (ladders/chains and all!) but finally reached the road at Chalets de Souay. From here I took the path to le Mont which has awesome potential for the mountain bike...I will return!


Click here for GPS data of the route.

No comments:

Post a Comment